
Hello dear friends and readers,
It has been awhile since our last update so I thought I would share our latest progress with you. For quite some time we have been sort of at a stand still in regards to our adoption moving forward. Several months ago we were encouraged to "lay low" and wait it out...see what would happen with the other 7 Taraz cases. Our Taraz coordinator hoped that in time the situation there would resolve itself and we could move forward with a decision from the judge.
Two weeks ago we were asked to prepare updated documents. I have to admit that I grew very tired of preparing documents. But if it means we are one step closer to getting Timur home with us, documents we will prepare! This meant trips to the doctors, medical forms filled out, 2 sets of updated fingerprints, updated financial statements, updated employment letters, a trip to the notary to have all documents notarized, a trip downtown for apostilles (basically a notary for the notary all printed up on a piece of paper with a shiny, gold seal attached), and finally a trip to FedEx to ship them all off to the other side of the globe! Phew! And although we have done this many times before, there definitely is this pressure to have it done perfectly and like yesterday!! But we did it and the documents made it to Taraz with no problems. So now our dossier is being updated and resubmitted to the courts. We are hopeful that we will have our court hearing in the next month. It's exciting to know that things are progressing but it still seems to take FOREVER.
I attend a bible study and a couple of weeks ago we were studying gratitude. The author writes this about giving thanks:
"Thanksgiving doesn't depend on the way you feel moment by moment, nor is it a polite courtesy. Your urgent duty is to respond in gratitude to all that God has done and is doing for you. To be grateful is to recognize God's hand on everything that touches your life. Every breath you draw is a gift of His love; every moment of existence is a gift of grace, for it brings with it other immense graces from God. Gratitude takes nothing for granted, is never unresponsive, is constantly aware of new wonders, and praises the goodness of God. Those who are grateful know that god is good not by hearsay but by experience."
We never imagined our adoption would be this difficult and although we are going through this trial that seems to be lasting way too long, we can look back and see how God was at work. He is changing hearts, answering prayers, providing, and giving us an unbelievable amount of grace and peace! We are blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Today I was thankful for another snapshot of Timur (see above and notice the HUGE booties!!) He is growing and getting bigger. Oh how we long to have him home.
When you think of us, please pray things move along quickly. And pray that God will make a way for our little one to come home. I would also ask that you continue to think of the 7 other Taraz families still waiting for their little ones as well. Some of these families are applying to the Kaz. Supreme Court and some of these families are sort of starting over at the municipal level (in an expedited fashion). It's our prayer that all of us will be granted our children very soon and just bring them home. -wendy
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thes. 5:18

You are in my prayers. I know what it feels like to be where you are, but please keep the faith. I told Jeremy I have a very good feeling about things in Taraz. I'm praying everything gets resolved AND the Taraz 10 are home quickly!! If you need anything please let me know.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
We continue to keep your family, the Taraz Ten and their families in our prayers. May this round of court hearings bring positive outcomes and reunions.
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to be able to read an update and to know more specifics for prayer. I'll pray! And thanks, too, for the quote on thanksgiving. Such a good reminder!
ReplyDeleteIn Him,
Amy Kim
Oh my heart breaks to think of that sweet baby living in an orphanage when he could be enjoying the love of a family. Keep us posted...
ReplyDelete