A couple of nights ago, we were reading devotions with the kids and it was about "changes". We talked about this past year and the many ways things have changed for each one of us and for our family as a whole. Micah said he's become a better basketball player and piano player. Emma said she has changed because some of her clothes are too small. We all agreed that Elijah has changed because a year ago he wasn't doing much as a baby and now he is running around the house, talking like crazy and has become a very spunky little boy! We talked about looking forward to a new year with many new changes- one of them being-- a new family member! Emma told me this morning, "When I think about it, I get really excited about a new brother." We look forward to this change in our family this new year. What a joy our adoption journey has been already and we haven't even met the little guy yet.
Besides just sharing our adventure with you, we desire this blog to also be a reflection of the goodness and faithfulness of our Heavenly Father. He placed this whole crazy notion of international adoption in our hearts over a year ago and now continues to provide for us in so many ways. When I think back to the beginning phases of the adoption process we had so questions. Questions like where to adopt from? How long will we be gone? What about the financial aspect? I think I also had an idea or a little plan of how it would happen. Well, my plan was not His plan and my thoughts were not His thoughts. Many months ago, I would have never thought we would travel so far, be gone so long and have to travel so many times (3 trips required!!). That would not have been my idea of a good plan. God closed the doors on my plans and showed me that his way was better. He has opened new doors and we continue to confidently walk through them trusting that He will guide us. Last night I was talking with the kids about us leaving and friends and grandparents staying with them and Micah, who is a little worried and uncertain about this next step in the adoption process, asked me, "Why can't you just go down there quick and bring him home?" Believe me, I have thought that same thing many times. I responded by saying that first, we have to follow the rules. Then I reminded him that God will watch over us as we travel and them as they stay home with friends and family. We need to trust!
We praise our Heavenly Father who placed the thought of international adoption in our hearts over a year ago and who continues to provide for us and faithfully lead us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Wendy - I'm so glad that you've decided to begin your blog. We are all very excited to be a part of your walk this year. We will be praying for you and your new little guy... and also for the family. Love you! - Holli
ReplyDeleteWendy,
ReplyDeleteOh how familiar those words sound. We too had no plans to go as far as we did or spend as long as we did in Kazakhstan. We prayed and hoped for a region with a quick turn around and 1 or 2 trips max. God had other plans, but we wouldn't trade our Taraz boy for the world. It was a very long, hard, emotional journey but well worth it. Please tell Janette and everyone at Umit we said hello, Anton is doing very, very well and is very happy.
We look forward to following along on your journey. It brings back many memories. I think of the other children there often and talk about them and the babyhouse with Lukas Anton.
Safe travels and God bless you both on your journey.
God goes ahead of you! You will be covered with prayer.
ReplyDeleteWho knew that God would open the hearts of those in our family to adopting so many little ones from many different parts of the globe! How exciting for you all and yet I am sure filled with a little anxiousness. We will be praying for your health and traveling safety and also for the kids back home. "May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Uncle Jerry and Aunt Jan & BJZ&N
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing all about your journey! What an exciting time!
ReplyDelete~Robyn