We arrived in Frankfurt to a scene much like we left in Chicago. Crews Plowing snow from the runways, piles of snow everywhere, de-icing planes, etc. Although we were delayed almost two hours, our flight from Chicago was a smooth one. Of course we miss our kids ALOT already. Not to worry... I'm sure Delilah (The Paglia's dog) will take great care of the kids as Joe and Amy Paglia stay with them. Although my body tells me it's 4:30 in the morning, the reality is that it's 11:30am and we are about to lose another 5 hours on our next flight.
What a gift it is to have internet access, leather chairs, free mochas to sip on and a quiet place to spend time here at the Admiral's lounge (thanks to the connection of a close friend).
So far, all we have collected is a stamp in our passport that proves we've now been in Germany so that's it for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wendy,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you made it to Frankfurt. I wish we had had your good fortune to be able to access the Admiral's lounge. I was just happy to have internet access and a place to sit down.
I imagine as I am writing this you have recently or just arrived in Almaty. I feel like I am right there with you. Even though it has been 9 months since we were in your shoes I can see it all as clear as if it were yesterday.
I'll be thinking of you Monday as I am sure that is when you will head to the baby house to meet your newest child. Can't wait to see how things unfold.
Lynda Robey
Christ be with you, friends! Hope you are recovering nicely from the travels. Praying for you as you meet your little man. We love you!
ReplyDeleteTJISA