



Hello Friends. Well, tomorrow is our last day in Taraz and then we begin making our way home. I remember several months ago I felt so anxious and so full of fear about leaving my 3 children to travel to the other side of the world- a place I knew nothing about and not knowing what to expect!! Just the thought of it brought me to tears many times. Through lots of prayer, God filled me with peace and I can say that this has been an incredible journey (and it's not over yet!). We have fallen in love with a little boy who will now be the one we are leaving behind! We are torn but know that in time we will ALL be together on the SAME side of the world as a family!! What a celebration that will be.
After seeing Timur today we got a tour of the city by our translator. We saw several mausoleums and heard ancient stories. We heard chanting, saw people kneeling in prayer, and placed coins in the holes of mausoleum walls (to make a wish). It wasn't the best of weather- snow and slippery roads and sidewalks- but it was neat to take in some more the culture that we will one day share with Noah. Tomorrow we will begin to pack, have our guardianship council meeting in the afternoon and celebrate with our new friends who are also adopting by going out to dinner!

Wendy & Shane: Have a safe trip back. So glad we could follow your journey on this blog. I keep looking at his pics and he is soooo cute! Love you all! Aunt Jan & Uncle Jerry & "the boys"
ReplyDeleteI've really enjoyed reading about your time with Timur. He is beautiful and looks like such an animated little guy :) I am sure you are feeling so many emotions to come back to the States without him- we will be thinking about all of you. I'm so glad you've had time to get to know a bit about his culture! Be safe.
ReplyDelete